Nowadays, the Internet is more and more fast and popular. The Internet of things (IoT) is affected for people in their daily life. The IoT devices are not only for factory, schools and public places but also for the home. We can use them to build the smart home and rich our daily life.
In this session, these sections are as follows:
- The motivation about encountering problems in the daily life.
- The introduction for IoT and smart home.
- Choosing the proper IoT devices, manual or existed?
- The fundamentals are for initializing selected IoT devices setting.
- What’s IFTTT? And how to use the IFTTT service?
- The demonstration for Integrating the IoT devices with IFTTT.
- Using the PHP program to develop the Webhook on IFTTT service.
- The demonstration for the completed smart home application.
- Estimating the budget & Summary.
In the past of about three years, I work in the Industrial Technology Research Institute and build the smart grid services for the Taiwan Power Company. Now I work in the Institute for Information Industry currently and develop the carbon footprint system & related healthy App services.
I’m also keen on contributing to open-source projects on GitHub and have been involved in a number of active projects so far. If I don’t code, I share my experience and development tips on my blog.