Open Source World Tour is not only for coders, but also for open source software users and promoters. This session would introduce how users and promoters can participate in the open source conference.
The speaker will share her experiences in participating the following three international open source conference:
- Creative Commons Summit: Participants include creators, educationalists, programmers, and lawyers. This summit centers around promoting creative commons and the power of open licensing around the world.
- FOSDEM: The largest open source conference for coders, users and promoters in Europe. All the staff are volunteers. There are more than 8000 participants and 800 lectures in the FOSDEM.
- HKOSCon: The open source conference in Hong Kong. The volunteers of HKOSCon and Taiwan-based COSCUP have had close interaction for many years. It is easier for beginners from East Asia to join HKOSCon than the other two conferences.
Attenders of this session, can learn more about:
- The features of the three international conference
- Before attending the conference, what should you prepare?
- How to get support for the travel grant?
Singing is the CEO of the Open Culture Foundation (OCF). She has spent 10 years with the open source community (COSCUP and MozTW) to promote the use of open source and internet freedom.