Since 2015 the National Development Council in Taiwan started a series of policies, to ask all the government agencies using CNS-15251 (ODF 1.2) as file format when exchanging digital documents of text, spreadsheet and slides. But why? What’s the real problems we want to solve by such policies?
In this talk the speaker will share some stories and tell everyone the “status quo” of the digital world in Taiwan… not a good image though. Everyone who cares about social fairness, or wants to know about document liberation and digital freedom, is welcomed to join this talk.
About Franklin Weng
- An open source developer / translator / promoter, i.e., an “enthusiast” in Taiwan (1993~)
- A dad (2003~)
- An exhausted dad of 2 boys (2005~)
- Member, Board of Directors, Software Liberty Association Taiwan (SLAT) (2013~)
- President, Board of Directors, Software Liberty Association Taiwan (SLAT) (2015~2019)
- LibreOffice Migration Professional and LibreOffice Professional Trainer (2016~)
- Member, The Document Foundation (2016~)
- Member, The Certification Committee of The Document Foundation (2017~)
- Member, The Board of Directors, The Document Foundation (2018~)
- Deputy Chairman, The Board of Directors, The Document Foundation (2020~)